Hollow injection bolt with integrated resin capsule
The latest addition to the Minova bolting family is called Novobolt Q2, developed for the national and international coal mining industries.
The new Novobolt Q2 system consists of a hollow injection bolt T38-25 with an integrated dual component polyester resin capsule, a grouting piston and a mixing chamber.
With this specialised bolt, using a drill and setting carriage (TSA carriage), compatible to all popular drilling equipment on road headers, the Novobolt Q2 is inserted from within the lined area, without using nut or plate. After the
full bolt lining of a 1 m wide area, the now safely bolted area is subsequently secured with the lagging to control the fall of smaller loose material between the anchor rows.
Advantages of the Novobolt Q2 System
Bolt installation time
- Quick insertion and bonding (30-40% time saving)
- The system simplifies the logistics of transporting materials underground due to less required material
- Completely encapsulated bolt with high load values
- Percussive drilling
- Fault-tolerant due to constrained mixing
- Easy quality control (piston stroke gauge)
- Improved safety - miners are able to work in supported areas
- Overall improvement of the productivity for the whole mining process and reduction of production costs
- The German Mining Authority has approved the system for underground application