Innovative coating systems
TEKFLEX DS is a thin sprayed liner used for stabilisation as well as sealing in tunnelling or underground mine workings. The polymer based liner features excellent properties regarding strength and flexibility. It increases the load capacity of the rock and forms a persistent membrane. The powder consists of mineral additives and co-polymers and is mixed just with water prior to application.
Recommended applications in Tunnelling
- Sealing of new shotcrete layers
- Sealing of pre-cast tunnel segments
- Stabilisation of tunnel portals and entries
Recommended applications in Mining
- Drift sealing against gas and water ingress
- Sealing of a drift prior to grout injection
- Stabilisation of face and roof for securing against rock and coal slides during driving, and general maintenance and repair works
- Temporary face and roof stabilisation against rock and coal slides at longwall/drift transition
- Securing of rock surface against alteration
Advantages of Tekflex DS
- Dry spraying process
- Application with standard pumps
- Application on humid and dry surfaces
- Material gels within seconds
- Elongation at break > 10%
- Approved for the German coal mining
Before starting the application the surface to be sprayed on should be thoroughly cleaned to remove any dust and loose particles.
TEKFLEX DS can be applied on dry as well as on humid surfaces, but any flowing water should be sealed off before spraying.
TEKFLEX DS can be applied with a pump typically used in tunnelling or mining to spray materials according to the dry process.
During the spray process the powder is mixed with water in a specialised nozzle. A suspension, which coagulates within seconds, is formed building up a continuous membrane on the sprayed surface.
This membrane is tangible after a few minutes and its stability increases over the next few days resulting in a compact but elastic coating adhering on most surfaces.